When your windows 10 laptops is not working as it should? Most of the time, when you install some malware or infect the computer with a virus, it stops working properly or starts crashing down or sometimes gets stuck. You need Windows Safe Mode to help you find and fix various issues with Windows. You want to know how to start windows 10 in safe mode while booting.
Windows in safe mode will only allow you to use limited services and UI. In this mode, the Windows is functioning on minimal drivers to load applications and for troubleshooting. Let me tell you how to start Windows 10 in safe mode while booting in detail.
Let’s Learn How To Start Windows 10 In Safe Mode
We will explain it to you in simple and small steps. In short, if you follow all the steps carefully, you can easily turn on safe mode by using given methods.
The first step is to figure out which method to use. Can you easily log in to Windows, or are you having trouble? Follow the article from beginning to end for the best guide.
Press Shift+Restart option on the windows 10 start menu
- This method is for those who can easily log in to Windows 10. however, they still need to boot in safe mode so open start menu. After that, click on the Power menu at the bottom left, press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard, hold the shift key and tap left button of the mouse on the Restart option from the menu.
- Windows will restart, and you will see a list of options, you have to select troubleshoot from several other options. The next screen will appear.
- This screen also has a few options; we need to click on the Advanced options.
- In the Advanced Options screen, you can press the Start-up settings. If you do not see this option in front of your computer screen, then click on the ‘see more recovery options‘ link below the options.
- As a result, the start-up setting will appear and now click on this option to view several advanced boot options.
- The computer screen says that windows options such as including enable safe mode.
- After that, Windows 10 restarts, then you will find several options to choose from. Now Press function keys to get into the safe mode of your choice. Now you can log into your computer using an administrative account and make changes.
System Configuration Tool method
The easiest way to do this is to move windows 10 in safe mode. The tool can be activated by playing with settings within Windows. Consequently, windows system configuration tool changes configuration according to the requirements.
Follow these steps to activate windows 10 in safe mode using MSconfig
- Press Windows+R keys together to open Run window, now type MSConfig and press enter to run the program.
- The System Configuration window will show the start-up selection menu. Tick the Selective start-up option.
- The second tab on the top boot, select it and open it to check the box, safe boot. After that, click on Apply and OK button.
- Windows 10 will require a restart now to take up new settings. So, you can restart the window to enter into safe mode while Windows boot again. Or you can “exit without restart.”
How To Enter Safe Mode When Normal Mode Is Not Working?
Safe Mode loads faster, and Windows require minimal features to service. It is an effective method to load windows in safe mode easily in few steps.
- Make sure your PC is turned off, and if it’s on, then turn it off.
- Now turn it on by pressing the power button, then press the power button again until it’s turned off. Repeat this more than two times to see the window preparing automatic repair.
- Windows is diagnosing your PC lets wait a moment. It will take a few seconds.
- Start-up Repair screen appears, now click on advanced options, then the Windows RE screen will be visible.
- Select Troubleshoot on this screen and after that advanced options. Click on Start-up settings to continue.
- The system will restart, and a new window shows a list of all start-up menu to choose to enable safe mode. On your keyboard, enter the number of your choice to enter specific safe mode options.
Did these tips help you in getting your windows 10 in safe mode? And let us know in the comments below which method worked for you?