Nowadays, everything is moving towards ease. You can measure it from the fact that everyone wants to complete the task without much work. Similarly, if we look at the world of computers, the touch screen has revolutionized. Windows 10 can make full use of touch, and it is very compatible to use in touch screen mode. However, some people want to turn off touch screen on windows 10 temporarily.
But often it becomes a headache for you. Because you accidentally touch the screen even though you don’t want to, which makes you disgusted. So how to disable the touch screen in Windows 10 is very easy.
Follow these steps to turn off touch screen on windows 10 temporarily
- In windows 10 the first step is to go to power user menu press Windows+X and options will appear and after that select ‘Device Manager‘ from these options by simply clicking on it with the mouse or just press M.
- Now the device manager window will open there are several different options don’t be confused go to the arrow next to ‘Human Interface Devices‘ and click open the list.
- Here you will see a drop-down list it contains several options, but we have to choose HID-compliant touch screen
- Now by clicking HID-compliant touch screen go and select Action at the top of the window.
- A drop-down menu will appear and select ‘disable device’ from this menu.
- It’s only a matter of time before your screen stops responding to your touch be patient you will now see a pop-up warning which states that disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning, and now if you want it to disable the touch screen than Select Yes
- In conclusion, you are unable to use screen touch, you can verify it by contacting your screen whether it is working or not.
Several Considerations before your turn off touch screen on windows 10
If your input method is a touch only then try not to turn off touch screen on windows 10 or disable it because you will be stuck in there unless you have externally enabled it by other input devices.
Reasons to turn off the touch screen on windows 10
The reason for turning off the screen can be anything. You can use it if you are happy with it. But when it becomes inevitable that you have to turn off the screen. When you are watching a video or doing something important. And if you have children at home, then you will be aware of their evil deeds. If you want to avoid them, must this method. Other than this, the touch might not be working correctly; it needs to be repaired or gets fixed.
Some times touch screens lack accuracy and proper feedback. You might feel difficulty in entering data and navigating on the screen also on-screen keyboards sometimes might be a pain. Then you might end up searching procedures to turn off touch screen on windows 10.
How to fix the touch screen not working in windows 10
The touch display is an excellent feature on laptops. You can give any command on the screen with the help of your finger as on mobile.
If your laptop has a touch screen, it has the touch screen option turned on from the beginning. But sometimes if there is a problem, it is not very difficult to fix it. You can easily turn off touch screen on windows 10.
There are two ways to do this: either the screen is working, but it is not working correctly. Or the screen is completely useless. And there is no response to put your finger on it.
In the first case, you have to scale the screen. First, access the Windows Control Panel. And just type Calibrate in the search bar and your desired result is ready, it shows it on the screen, and then you should select the calibrate the display colours.
The second case is for when the windows screen is disabled temporarily and not working. You will need to repeat the steps above, but,
- first of all, open the Device Manager on windows by just clicking the windows and X button at the same time.
- Now by opening the device manager, click on the arrow at the left of the Human Interface Devices option from the list to show all options expand the list to show hardware devices.
- Now find HID-compliant touch screen in the list and press right-click to open the pop-up menu.
- Finally, select the enable device in the pop-up menu.
If you do not see this option in the drop-down menu, then either your screen is already running, or there is something wrong with it. Update your windows or install the latest drivers. If that doesn’t work, you should visit the laptop manufacturer’s website. And ask them how to turn off touch screen on windows 10. Hopefully, you will be able to turn off your touch screen.